ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BACON
These tiny cabbages are turn into something magical with the addition of crisp, salty bacon and they’re an easy side dish for any meal.
- 1 medium butternut squash, spiralized or thinly sliced (or cut into thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler)
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 slices uncooked sugar-free bacon (such as Pederson's Natural Farms), thinly sliced
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Place trimmed Brussels sprouts on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Add sliced red onions and garlic. Drizzle with avocado oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle uncooked bacon and salt and pepper over all.
- Place in oven and roast for 20-30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until Brussels are tender and bacon is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Serving size: ¼ recipe Calories: 187 Fat: 15g Carbohydrates: 10g Sugar: 0g Sodium: 337mgFiber: 4g Protein: 6g
The Real Food Dietitians
“The Real Food Dietitians is the passion-driven product of Registered Dietitian Nutritionists Stacie Hassing and Jessica Beacom. They’ve combined their love of nutrition, health and real food with the concepts of ease and convenience to bring you recipes that are big on flavor but short on ingredients, so that you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what you love." Visit their website at www.therealfoodrds.com.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.