BUTTERNUT SQUASH NOODLES WITH SAUSAGE AND KALE
- 1 medium butternut squash, spiralized or thinly sliced (or cut into thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler)
- 2-4 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil, divided (such as Primal Kitchen)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 oz. Pederson’s Natural Farms Kielbasa, cut into slices ¼ -inch thick
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and roughly chopped (about 4 cups)
- Sea salt to taste
- Crushed red pepper, optional
- Shredded parmesan cheese, optional - omit for Whole30
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp. avocado oil. Once oil is hot add butternut squash noodles and saute for 2-3 minutes. Then add 2 Tbsp. water and cover for 10 minutes or until squash noodles are tender (not overly soft/mushy). Add additional water as needed to prevent noodles from burning. Remove squash noodles from heat and transfer to a plate or bowl.
- To the same skillet over medium-high heat add remaining 1 Tbsp. avocado oil. Once oil is hot, add red onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Next add mushrooms and garlic and saute for another 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms start to soften and give off moisture. Add kielbasa and continue to cook until kielbasa is heated through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the kale to the pan and saute until kale is wilted then toss in the butternut squash noodles and heat through.
- For more heat, add a sprinkle of crushed red pepper. Salt to taste.
Serving size: ⅕th recipe Calories: 450 Fat: 27g Carbohydrates: 30g Sugar: 7g Sodium: 757mgFiber: 7g Protein: 20g
The Real Food Dietitians
“The Real Food Dietitians is the passion-driven product of Registered Dietitian Nutritionists Stacie Hassing and Jessica Beacom. They’ve combined their love of nutrition, health and real food with the concepts of ease and convenience to bring you recipes that are big on flavor but short on ingredients, so that you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what you love." Visit their website at www.therealfoodrds.com.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.