Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/newsletter-popup.liquid
Sweet Potato & Chorizo Chili
10 min Prep Time
30 min Cook Time
40 min Total Time
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp. cooking fat (avocado oil, ghee, coconut oil)
- 6 slices Pederson's Natural Farms No Sugar Bacon
- 1 pound Pederon's Natural Farms No Sugar Chorizo
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2/3 tsp. garlic powder
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook your bacon. Once it is cooked, remove from the pot and drain on a plate. Crumble it and set aside.
- In the same pot (you can leave the bacon fat, or clean it out and add new cooking fat), add the diced sweet potatoes. Season with salt.
- Cover the pot and let the potatoes cook for 3 minutes.
- Uncover the pot and stir the potatoes so that they cook evenly. Continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the diced onions to the pot and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chorizo to the pot and break it up with a wooden spoon. Mix all of the ingredients while the chorizo cooks, for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and remaining spices to the pot and stir everything to combine.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat and bring to a boil. Once it bubbles, lower the heat and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve in bowls topped with crumbled bacon.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.