BACON CHEESEBURGER PIZZA
Author: Maria Emmerich | Serves: 4
1¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons butter (or cream cheese)
¾ cup powdered pork rinds (Pork Panko)
⅛ teaspoon Redmond Real salt
¾ cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
1 teaspoon stevia glycerite (or a few drops of liquid stevia)
½ pound ground beef
1 teaspoon Redmond Real Salt
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 slices bacon, diced
Few slices of yellow onion
Slices of dill pickle
1. If you have a pizza stone, place it into the oven. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. To make the dough, place the mozzarella and the butter in a heat safe bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is entirely melted. Stir well.
3. Add the powered pork rinds, egg and salt and using a hand mixer, combine well.
4. Put the dough on the greased piece of parchment paper on a flat baking sheet and pat out with your hands to make a large round circle.
5. If you are using a pizza stone, transfer the pizza on the parchment and slide it onto to the hot pizza stone in the oven by sliding the parchment and pizza from the baking sheet onto the stone. Bake for 5 minutes or until the crust starts to get a little golden.
6. Meanwhile, place the ground beef into a cast iron skillet and season with salt. Cook over medium high heat while crumbling often, for about 5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from heat.
7. Make the sauce by placing all the ingredients into a small bowl and stir well to combine.
8. Remove pizza crust from oven. Spread the sauce all over the top of the crust and top with ground beef, cheddar cheese, diced bacon and slices of onion if desired.
9. Place back into the oven and bake the pizza until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and top with slices of pickles if desired.
10. Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat slices on a baking sheet in a preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
Nutritional Information (crust):
186 calories, 14g fat, 16g protein, 0.1g carbs, 0g fiber